This Sports Trauma Immediate Response course is specifically designed for the target audience.
It fully meets the Health and Safety Executive legislation (www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid).
By the end of this 4 hour course, you should be able to:
- Perform basic life support of an adult
- Safely use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Manage a choking patient, and an unconscious patient
- Manage a fitting patient
- Recognise anaphylaxis and understand how to use an Epipen
- Manage a person who is wounded, bleeding or suffering from shock
- Understand and immediately manage injuries to bones, muscles, joints & spinal injuries. To include the Jaw Thrust method of airway management and manual c-spine immobolisation.
- Understand how to deliver an ATMIST handover.
To pass this course and gain certification attendees will each need to be deemed as competent in all of the topics, so there will be an online MCQ assessment at the end of each session