Staff from PRU Medical have experience of working in hostile environments and under fire from groups and marauding shooters. Such experience puts PRU Medical aside from other providers.
This course will be developed, designed and delivered specifically for the target audience. Included will be bespoke scenarios and advanced medical instruction.
The content of this course can be tailored. An example itinerary includes:
1. Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe
2. Cover from sight and cover from fire
3. Control of major haemorrhage
4. Management of gunshot wounds
5. Management of stabbing wounds
6. Management of blast wounds
7. Perform Basic Life Support of an adult using mouth to mouth, a bag valve mask & basic airway adjuncts
8. Apply and use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) safely
9. Handover and be-briefing techniques
Suggested 1 day course itinerary:
Sessions will be both classroom and scenario based. With scenarios made specially for the target audience. Practical demonstrations, instruction and tips will be given throughout.
- Session 1 09:00-10:30 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 2 10:45 – 12:45 hrs (1 hr lunch)
- Session 3 13:45 – 15:15 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 4 15:30 – 17:00 hrs
To pass this course and gain certification attendees will each need to be deemed as competent in all of the topics, so session 4 will be the assessment session.