Chemical First Aid
Learning what to do following a chemical accident is an essential skill for all those who handle chemicals. This is one of our signature courses!
This four-hour, live, on-line course is delivered by registered paramedics who teach Paramedic Sciences in Higher Education. They also have experience in working in Ambulance, Hazardous Area Response Teams. They are experienced in dealing with casualties who are affected by Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) environments.
The founder of PRU Medical also has experience as a registered Radiation Protection Supervisor and CBRNE Bronze Commander. So the content and delivery of this programme is second to none.
- Understand the epidemiology of chemical injuries.
- Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe.
- Immediately manage solid, and liquid chemical injuries to the skin.
- Immediately manage solid, and liquid chemical injuries to the eyes.
- Immediately manage the inhalation of chemicals.
- Immediately manage needle-stick injuries.
- Understand the value and limitations of your organisations Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Understand how to report adverse events and your organisations follow up process.
This course is tailored to cover the chemicals in your organisation. For example, if you use hydrofluoric acid, we teach how to treat injuries from this. If you use liquid nitrogen, we cover this.
If your staff wear PPE, or respirators we can cover them specifically.
Tailor made courses are by far the best way to protect your staff.
On completion of the course, we will present attendees with a Chemical First Aid at Work certificate. This is valid for 3 years.
PRU Medical have exceptional feedback, which can be viewed in the testimonials section of our website here:
For more information please contact us