This half day course is able to be delivered either at your venue, or at ours in Swansea, South Wales. Instructors, as always, are not only registered health care professionals, but they all have extensive knowledge in teaching their specialist subjects within Higher Education.
The day will include demonstrations, scenarios, practical teaching and theory sessions. All designed specifically for the target audience.
Attendees will be welcomed and taught comprehensively about the following subjects:
- The importance of cross infection
- Donning and doffing Personal Protective Equipment
- Identify danger & keep yourself safe
- Perform basic life support of an adult
- Perform basic life support for a suspected COIVD-19 patient
- Safely use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Understand Oxygen administration
- Understand Nitrous Oxide (Entonox) administration
- Understand the procedures to take following an incident
Again, as always, the content of the programme can be altered to meet the specific needs of the accepting organisation.
Upon completion of the day attendees will be required to complete a MCQ assessment to show retention of knowledge, before they are given certificates which are in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). PRactical aspects will be continuously assessed throughout the day, by our friendly and professional staff.