This Infant First Aid course is specifically designed for the target audience. It fully meets the Health and Safety Executive legislation (www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid).
Due to the nature of infant emergencies, this course can be provided for smaller group sizes up to a maximum of 12.
By the end of this 1-day course, you should be able to:
1. Understand the anatomical differences between adults, children & infants
2. Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe
3. Perform Newborn & Infant Life Support using mouth to mouth
4. Understand and manage common medical conditions seen following the birth
Suggested 1 day course itinerary:
Sessions will mainly be classroom orientated but with practical demonstrations and instruction throughout.
- Session 1 09:00-10:30 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 2 10:45 – 12:45 hrs (1 hr lunch)
- Session 3 13:45 – 15:15 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 4 15:30 – 17:00 hrs
To pass this course and gain certification attendees will each need to be deemed as competent in all of the topics, so session 4 will be the assessment session.